Catholic Teachings Knights Should Know
1. I am the LORD your God: you shall not have strange Gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord’s Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.
The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit
7. Fear of the Lord
Seven Capital Sins
— Prayers —
Our Father, who art in heaven;
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done;
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those that trespass against us;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
I believe in God,
The Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth,
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son, Our Lord,
Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
Born of the Virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
Was crucified, died and was buried;
He descended into hell;
On the third day he rose again from the dead;
He ascended into heaven,
And is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
From there he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The Holy Catholic Church,
The communion of saints,
The resurrection of the body,
And life everlasting.
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God. Pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Glory be to the father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Hail Holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and, after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
Pray for us O holy mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell; lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Monday & Saturday
1. The Annunciation of the Lord to Mary
2. The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth
3. The Nativity of our Lord Jesus Christ
4. Presentation of the Lord at the Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple
Wednesday & Sunday
1. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ
2. The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven
3. The descending of the Holy Ghost
4. The Assumption of Mary into Heaven
5. Mary is Crowned as Queen of Heaven and Earth
Tuesday & Friday
1. The Agony of Jesus in the Garden
2. The scourging at the pillar
3. The Crowning of Thorns
4. The Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of our Lord
1. The Baptism in the Jordan
2. The Wedding at Cana
3. The Proclamation of the Kingdom of Heaven
4. The Transfiguration
5. The institution of the Eucharist
Structure of the Rosary
Make the Sign of the Cross
In the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
The Our Father Prayer, (3) Hail Marys. Glory be…
The 1st mystery of the day
Repeat for the following four decades
The Our Father Prayer, (10) Hail Marys.
After the 5th Decade, finish with:
Hail holy Queen
While holding the crucifix, make the Sign of the Cross.